1. If a client sends you an example of something they like, they’re basically asking you to make that thing. While I’m not saying you should just rip it off, I am saying to not be surprised when the feedback comes back saying “this is great, but can you make it more like the one I sent you?”
2. Admin work is a necessary evil.
3. You have to learn to put your foot down. It’s tough, but if you don’t stand strong, you’ll end up doing a lot of work for free. And that will never pay the bills.
4. Flow states are like rare diamonds, just as precious and hard to come by. For me, at least. A flow state is when you’re in your groove, and you completely lose track of time and distractions because you’re doing the one thing you were meant to do. Note to self: must learn how to make this a regular part of my day.
5. Find time to meditate. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. The difference in my days when I meditate in the morning is staggering. And yet, I still find myself neglecting it. UGH. Why am I like this???
And this is just 4 months into this adventure. Phew.